Elizabeth Leeds, DPT, FAFS, holds a Doctorate of Physical Therapy, is a Stott trained Mat and Reformer Pilates Instructor, a fellow of Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute and an education provider for the American Council on Exercise. Elizabeth has over 15 years of experience in the rehabilitation and fitness industry working with a wide span of clients that include rehab patients, elite athletes, older active adults, children and prenatal/postnatal mothers.
Her passion for rehabilitation and wellness emerged as an athlete with multiple injuries requiring physical therapy. She quickly appreciated the importance of sustaining an exercise program as a means to achieve fitness goals and prevent injuries. Recognizing education as an empowering tool, she became an international and national presenter in the fitness industry.
Elizabeth’s own journey with a neuro-autoimmune dysfunction and her recent pregnancy directed her focus to autoimmune symptom prevention and management along with pre and post-natal wellness. Elizabeth hopes to educate clients about the best possible track through each of these conditions.
Education & Certification
- Female Chain Reaction, 2008
- APTA Pelvic Physical Therapy, 2008
- Gray Institute of Functional Training, 2007
- Chain Reaction Transformation, 2006
- GRAVITY Group Core Dynamics, 2005
- SPINNING Instructor Certification, 2005
- GRAVITY Group Training Symposium, 2004
- GRAVITY Personal Training Symposium, 2004
- BOSU Master Training Certification, 2003
- Patara Reformat 1.0 Certification, 2002
- Program Design For Personal Trainers, 2002
- Resist-A-Ball Training Modular I, III, and IV, January, 2001
- Elizabeth Noble’s Pre and Postnatal Exercise, 2000
- Craniosacral II, 2000
- Stott Conditioning, Pilate’s Mat Essentials and Reformer, 2000
- Aqua Aerobics Certification, 1999
- Prenatal and Postnatal Workshop, 1999
- Craniosacral I, 1999
- “If You Can’t Breathe, You Can’t Function,”1998
- American Physical Therapy Association
- California Chapter for Physical Therapist
- Professional Member of IDEA
- Professional Member of NSCA
- Educational Provider for ACE
Empowerment of the individual through education. Elizabeth recognizes that exercise adherence is achieved when a program is individualized to meet her clients biomechanical needs and expectations and the client understands the how and why behind the program. adherence is more likely to occur. Lastly, she recognizes the most important factor in any program is the fun factor!